Bruce School Homework Lunch Program
Purpose: To help all students be successful in our school.
Objective: To assist students by giving them a structured time with a
teacher to complete school work that has not been completed
by the desired time.
This program is a major part of our Professional Learning Community
that is being implemented in our school this year. Our PLC will bring
out our very best in ensuring school wide success for ALL students.
Homework Lunch Program:
1. Will be viewed as a positive measure to assist student in
completing required homework. This is NOT a punishment program.
2. All work completed and turned in as a result of homework lunch
will be accepted by all staff for FULL credit.
3. Students with incomplete or missing homework will be identified
by staff using a homework lunch referral form which must be turned
in to Ms. Skogen by 3:20 on Thursday.
4. Homework lunch will run from Friday to Friday. Students will be
informed on Thursday and reminded by their Advisor on Friday of
being in homework lunch for the following week.
5. Students who complete their required work and turn in to their
teachers or to Ms. Skogen at homework lunch will be dismissed from
6. Mr. Villiard will pick up all homework lunch students prior to their
lunch time and escort them to homework lunch in room 121.
Students will take their lunch with them to the room.
7. No cell phone use will be allowed in homework lunch.
8. Remember: This is a program to help our students be
successful. Remind them of this and also that if students do their
work as required they won’t need to spend lunch time doing it.